Friday, October 30, 2009

Monitor Replacement Part 3 - Devastating Failure




There it is.... Well, the backlights worked at least, right?

Anyway I set the LCD matrix in the housing (went to lowe's and called local electronics shop and nobody had heard of that double sided tape so I gave up on it) and put the metal surround back on. Used a little electrical tape to secure everything and went for a test run.

I think the worst part about this is I had the monitor face down on my desk when I first turned it on. When I saw the backlights come... never mind. Needless to say, I'm super down about this.


I have no idea what happened here. The screen obviously cracked in a few places, but that's not what's causing the blue. I've seen tons of people drop their laptops, completely shattering the LCD but there are still portions of different colors and usually have small portions that still accurately map. Not just blue. It doesn't seem to be a problem with the connection to my laptop either (Aluminum 13" MacBook) because the monitor's built in menus weren't working either.

The monitor is no longer on sale at Staples.com but I was able to find it for $107 at PCconnection with free shipping so hopefully it will arrive sometime next week.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear it mate. No idea what could have gone wrong there as I'm no expert. Good luck on the next try. I bet you felt high as a kite when the screen was on and just plummeted down when you saw it. I'm in the middle of the same mod but I'm way behind. I have the imac G4 (non working display) but not monitor yet.

    ReplyDelete