Saturday, November 21, 2009

Neck Ache: Part 6: More troubleshooting

I spent a little over an hour yesterday with two professors trying to troubleshoot the screen issue. We didn't solve it but we discovered some interesting things. We found that changing the screen resolution affected the flicker rate. 800x600 seemed to be the sweet spot, with very intermittent flickering. However both at higher and lower (640x480) the flickering was considerably worse. The backlights still only stayed on for a second or so.

The best we were able to come up with was the shielding (or lack there of) on the extra wire that I ran through the neck. I'll get around to troubleshooting that either later today or tomorrow.

On a side note, I'd like to take this moment to point out what a world wide endeavor this is. As you can see from this Google Analytics map, the interest in this project is global. I just think this is awesome and every time I get discouraged I can look at this and all the great comments you've all left me and I really get reenergized.


2 comments:

  1. Haha I think I'm the one who painted South Korea on the map light green. Thanks a lot for sharing with us your great experiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://blugray.tistory.com/
    This guy got it working - hope this helps

    ReplyDelete