Sunday, June 5, 2011

Display: Complete

Well, after making the problem substantially worse, I ended up getting everything working perfectly! It turns out I did have a few of the polarities switched on the TDMS Data lines. That's what I get for trying to do this sort of thing at 1am. Anyway, everything seems to be working perfectly now!

So now, on to the Mac Mini part of this... sorta. I don't know when I'm going to actually get around to spending the $600 on a new mini for a computer I'm probably not going to use that often. Needless to say, I still want to do it, and if nothing else, I can use this as an external display for my laptop (when I'm not using my 20" Cinema Display?)

4 comments:

  1. Very nice work! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo!! I had only assembled the 17" to figure out the pinout then disassembled it. The 15" version of the TMDS-DVI hack had some problems with sleep (Garbage being displayed on the screen). I've heard mixed results on whether this is a prom to the 17". have you experienced any problems when a computer you have hooked up to sleeps?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Your help has been invaluable. I just tested to see if I was getting any weird signal garbage while my MacBook was asleep and there weren't any. I tried it with both screens on as well as in lid-closed mode so the iMac was acting as the only display and there were no problems.

    I'd be more than happy to help troubleshoot with anybody who was having problems to try to figure out how their setup might be different than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My pleasure. It's actually great to see someone else who holds this particular computer design in such high esteem. Trust me my wife thinks I'm nuts for the time I've spent on this :) if you ever want to collaborate on a future project just send me a line. Best of luck to you, Jon

    ReplyDelete