Tuesday, May 31, 2011

DVI Part 2

So, thanks to JBerg's most helpful and correct comments in my previous post, I indeed had my wiring all messed up. Because the pinouts are created using the female plugs, when you're wiring to a male plug, you have to line it up with the pinout from the back. I had no idea.

Pinout for 17" iMac G4 Screen to DVI
So I started fresh, Unsoldering all the wires from the DVI cable and soldered them back into their correct spaces. I also took some time to create a hopefully very intuitive pinout for the model of screen I had (using the info JBerg gathered)

After it was all said and done, SUCCESS!!! My backlights still aren't hooked up, but as you can see, the picture is coming through crystal clearly! This is very exciting

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear it!! And please let me know if you're inverter works with 12V or 5V connected to the red wire on the inverter cable. I'm trying to figure out if there is any inverter variation or just maybe a faulty inverter. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, it looks like the red line requires a 5V connection. Could the Inverter pinouts be different between the two display variations?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello!
    I am having trouble connecting cables for HDMI and can help me? I need to know according to the colors where to call. my email is cavnetpt@gmail.com
    greetings

    ReplyDelete