Monday, May 2, 2011

Guess Who's Back, Back Again.

Most people don't drop projects like this and then come back 1.5 years later to finish them. But I'm not most people, and so, I am back to finish what I started. And this time, it's going to work. Why? Because it has to. I've managed to work this into a school assignment, which is due June 1 at 8:00am. That's 29 days and 15 hours. Yikes.

A million thanks to JBerg, once again, you were absolutely right about my backlight flickering issues. Instead of running the backlight cables through the existing wiring, I got the real stuff (see JBerg's comments on the previous post), and IT WORKED! Well, sorta. The backlights now turn on, but the image was just white. No video signal was coming through.

I messed around with the cable coming into the LCD panel and managed to get some flickering images (backlight remained on) so I unplugged everything and made sure all the little pins were properly secured. However, when I went to plug everything back in again, I got nothing but that white screen again. Now I'm a little stuck again. I cannot figure out why I no longer get anything when I wiggle the cables. I made sure they were all pushed in, cleaned the contacts with a Q-tip dipped in windex, but it's acting like there's nothing getting through...

No comments:

Post a Comment