Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Neck Surgery Pt. 2

Finally got the neck back together. It was a lot harder than I remember it being...  Anyway, with the backlight wires in the neck, I spent today soldering on plugs and basically neatening everything up in hopes that would fix my video issues.

Feeding the cables through these white tupes is pretty easy, assuming you haven't soldered the little clips on the ends first. Make sure you wait until cables are through the white tubes before you go soldering ends on to them. It will make your life easier.

So, I got everything set back up, fired it up, and it almost kinda worked. At first a proper image blinked on and off a couple of time before going completely black. I didn't have time to determine if it was the backlights flashing or the video, but once it stopped, the backlights weren't on. Of course, I had to try it again, so I shut off power to the monitor and booted it back up.

This time, I got a black video BUT the backlights were on, accompanied by a high-pitched squealing similar to the one I got a while back. Not wanting to press my luck, I decided to call it a night. If this has anything to do with the cables being coiled/twisted like it did before, I'm going to be pissed. I do not feel like taking that neck apart again. If I accidentally pop it apart again, I'm not sure I'm going to be able to pop it back together again without doing some damage to it...


No comments:

Post a Comment