Sunday, May 8, 2011

Stalemate

So it turns out the high pitched squealing sound is the same sound I heard before. I can change the pitch of the sound by moving the backlight wires(especially the pink high voltage lines) around. So that aside, I wanted to figure out a cleaner way to bring the video into the LCD panel. By simply swapping out the pins into the new connector head, many of the new pins were sliding out very easily and I could never be sure if it was making a good connection to the LCD Panel circuit board.

So, I had this ribbon cable that came off my first monitor I decided to use. The connector on one end fits perfectly into the LCD Panel circuit board, so it was just a matter of soldering the video cable ends to the other end. 

I started by using an x-acto knife to split the ends of the ribbon so I can separate each of the wires for soldering. 

With the ribbon prepared, I pulled all the pins out of the old connector and began soldering and shrink-tubing each one. 

After I got them all soldered up (only about 2 hours worth of work), I took it all back, plugged it in, and... you guessed it. Still not quite working. Although, this time, something slightly different is going on. It's showing a pure white screen most the time, but if I pinch the video cable together in just the right way right near the solder joints I just made, I can get the video to flicker on and off... Progress, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment