Sunday, October 18, 2009

Game Plan

Here's how I'm going to approach this project:
  1. Install the monitor inside the iMac shell. 
  2. Prepare the iMac: modify I/O ports, DVD drive, internal wiring so it's ready to be plugged in. 
  3. Get the sphere speakers working with a normal audio source. 
  4. Buy the MacMini - Because it's going to be more than half the cost of the entire project, I want to put it off as long as possible. Also I'm really hoping for a spec boost sometime in the next few months. 
  5. Stress test the Mini - I want to see how hot I can get it while it's still in its original enclosure so I know what to expect when it's all in pieces. 
  6. Install the Mini - If I do steps 1, 2, and 3 correctly, this should just be a matter of plug everything in. I know it's not actually going to be that simple, but one should have dreams.
That is the game plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment