Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Oct. 2009 iMacs, MacMinis



So today, Apple unveiled their latest iMac offerings which include bigger, more beautiful displays and wonderful design refresh. During their wonderful design video, Jonathan Ive (who designed the iMac G4) speaks to how the new design makes "everything about the display, therefore everything is about your content."And this is true. This new iMac is the first iMac that's truly dissolved away the computer behind the screen.




But is that what you really want? I guess it really depends on what kind of person you are. I feel like because the new iMac lacks all unessential elements and everything has become so necessary, that it's now devoid of personality. It's been heading in that direction ever since the G5 was released and I really think it's there. And while that's fantastic for corporations and... other people, I still want my computer to have personality. Don't get me wrong, the new iMac is incredibly beautiful and elegant. But I still want my iMac G4.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh and the new MacMinis came out. I'm very excited they're now allowing for 4GB RAM, have faster processors, and have that fantastic NVIDIA GeForce 9400m graphics card that is currently powering my Aluminum MacBook.

....omg, when did they change the design of the apple remote? It's kinda ugly now...

2 comments:

  1. Just so you know, it's "Mac mini," not "MacMini."

    ReplyDelete
  2. DAMNIT! For being such an apple freak, you think I would know this... you'd think. Thanks for the correction.

    ReplyDelete